The Texas Country Reporter Festival celebrates the music, crafts, food and individualistic culture of the State of Texas as brought to television each week by Bob and Kelli Phillips, hosts of Texas Country Reporter.
Taking place from morning to evening on the last Saturday of October in Downtown Waxahachie, Texas, the TCR festival attracts tens of thousands of attendees to the Ellis County courthouse square to enjoy live music, hundreds of craft booths and the fare of several dozen food trucks.
Admission: Admission to the Texas Country Reporter is free.
Location: Downtown Waxahachie.
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Parking: Parking for the TCR festival is somewhat of a free-for all. Limited parking is available at the Ellis County Courts and Administration building parking garage at 215 M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard, Waxahachie, Texas.
Parking is also free along Cliff Street, Main Street, and along the streets all around the vicinity of the downtown square.
Additionally, several businesses will open their parking lots and allow parking for a fee. Wherever you park, be prepared for a walk as all but the earliest attendees will have to park a good distance away from the event.
The City of Waxahachie also offers a parking map that details the capacity of several local parking areas.
Music Schedule: Throughout the day, the main stage of the courthouse square will feature live music by Texas musicians who have appeared on Texas Country Reporter. At 6:00 p.m., Country Music band Neal McCoy will top off the music lineup.
Attractions: More than three dozen food trucks, beer and wine gardens, children’s activities, more than 350 artisan and craft booths, and a classic car display.
New for 2023: BBQ Boulevard will highlight the the best of Texas barbecue.
The Main Stage Schedule:
- 9:00 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. – Welcome by Kelli & Bob Phillips and National Anthem by Texas Rangers organist Dustin Tatro.
- 9:15 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. – The Fabulous Prairie Dogs of Amarillo
- 10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. – Kelli and Bob Phillips
- 10:15 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – The Moravians
- 11:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. – Kelli and Bob Phillips
- 11:15 a.m. – 12:00 a.m. – Tristan Ramos
- 12:00 p.m. – 12:15 p.m. – Kelli and Bob Phillips
- 12:15 p.m. – 12:45 p.m. – Southwest Bluegrass Club
- 12:45 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Kelli and Bob Phillips
- 1:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. – The Prairie Dogs
- 1:45 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Kelli and Bob Phillips
- 2:00 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. – Jay Boy Adams + Friends
- 2:45 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Kelli and Bob Phillips
- 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Skyland Music
- 4:00 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. – Kelli and Bob Phillips
- 4:15 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Jade Flores Band
- 6:00 p.m. – 7:15 p.m. – Neal McCoy
Additional information: The TCR Festival gives attendees a chance to meet many of the people who’ve been featured on the Texas Country Reporter show, and Bob and Kelli Phillips will be onsite to shake hands and autograph Bob’s book, A Good Long Drive: Fifty Years of Texas Country Reporter.
Bob and Kelli will also address the crowd between music performances and offer insights about the show and the festival.
Interview with Bob and Kelli Phillips.